Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Swiss Chicken Casserole


My mother-in-law makes a variation of this recipe, but I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and then made my own variations.
I don't have any children, so my husband and I split this casserole into two 8x8 pans.
My freezer meal group decided that we were going to use the 8x8 Glad OvenWare pans...they are AMAZING! Only $6 for three pans (with lids), they stack wonderfully in the freezer, oven safe, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and the perfect size for two people to have a few left-overs. Glad also has 9x12 OvenWare pans.
 
Swiss Chicken Casserole
Ingredients
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6 slices swiss cheese
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 package stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
 
Directions
Arrange chicken in one 9x13 or two 8x8 pans.
Top with swiss cheese slices.
Combine soup and milk. Spoon the mixture over the chicken.
In a bowl toss the butter and stuffing mix to coat--you may need to add 1 Tbs. of water to get all of the stuffing damp.
Freeze.
Once thawed (or right away if you chose not to eat it right away or freeze it after baking) bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
 
*Some people don't like to freeze casseroles with raw chicken--I find that the chicken in this recipe stays more moist if I don't bake it until I'm ready to serve it.
*If I'm wanting to throw together a whole meal in one dish (no vegetable side dishes) I often throw a layer of broccoli or mixed vegetables under the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment